[asterisk-users] Asterisk SMDI for Nortel Option 11

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Mar 10 17:38:00 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 15:48 -0700, James Noble wrote:
> This is off topic but I have inherited a Nortel Option 11c and am
> curious what features you are using that make you want to continue
> using it in conjunction with Asterisk as opposed to moving completely
> over to Asterisk.  I am just learning the Nortel and find it powerful
> but haven't found the features that I have become accustomed to in
> Asterisk.

	The only thing that prevents me from completely replacing the Nortel
thing is the customer.  They simply do not want to throw away their
"investment" and spend money on new telephones.  The nortel voicemail
box failed last year and buying a new one is way more expensive than
integrating Asterisk for IVR and voicemail.  The only thing they will
really miss is the MWI light on their phones.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001