[asterisk-users] dialplan reload: not working with large dialplans

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Mar 10 08:52:08 CST 2010

Andreas Brodmann wrote:
> Lief,
>
> I'd be glad to receive your feedback.
>
> I don't think it's a limit of lines by itself. I haven't found any useful
> debug information so far, but I think the dialplan parser stumbles
> over something.
>
> The problem is reproduceable on different hareware, it only sticks
> to newer 1.6 releases. Up until 1.6.0 I haven't seen this problem with
> the same dialplan.
> When I go down to 1.6.0 I don't have this problem anymore.

I'd suggest you post a bug to the issue tracker:  https://issues.asterisk.org
with the dialplan that reproduces this issue. I have a larger dialplan that
doesn't seem to do this on my system, so there must be something unique about
your dialplan that the parser is choking on.

Being able to reproduce the issue will likely be critical in resolving it.

Leif.