[asterisk-users] Aastra, Asterisk 1.4 and Voicemail

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Mon Mar 8 19:08:24 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm a Polycom user who have just been trying out the Aastra phones.  I`ve
run into a bit of an issue.  I cannot configure the voicemail dialout
correctly on one of the two phones I am using, even if the documentation
seems to state that it should work in the same manner on both phones.

I have both a 9143i and a 57i CT.  I`ve set both up with provisioning from
config files.  Both have multiple SIP registrations, and MWI are actually
working fine on both. When I get voicemail the proper lights blink.

But I only succeeded in having the voicemail option under "Services" on the
57i, but not the 9143i.  I've set up a programmable key on the 9143i with
"Services", but when I press it I do NOT have a "Voicemail" option (I do
have "Directory" and "Callers".)

On the 57i I have "Voicemail" in addition to those two options.

I have put this line in both phone's config file, and they are definitely
being read (since all my settings are set using config files):

sip line1 vmail: **1234

I am using latest firmware (as of March 8th 2010).

This seems like a basic thing to set up, so I have no doubt many people have
done this. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Mike