[asterisk-users] Asterisk Management API

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Mar 8 09:34:00 CST 2010

8 mar 2010 kl. 11.13 skrev Peter Childs:

> On 5 March 2010 13:48, Jim Dickenson <dickenson at cfmc.com> wrote:
>> At an Asterisk CLI use the command "manager show commands".
>

> Life is rarely that simple, and this does not really answer the question.....
>
> Oh and Channel can mean different things in different contexts....
>
> ie
>
> Channel in a PlayDTMF command means a "Call" to play the DTMF on,
> where as Channel in a Originate command means the "Device to place the
> call on" so you can't use the same input for both commands (or can
> you?)

I agree that it's kind of stupid. I cleared up some of that mess in 1.6.x, but not all. And the changes hurted a lot of existing applications, so I'm careful not to mess around too much with AMI again. The most important part is that we don't allow reuse of existing headers for new things in new actions and events. I've been trying to watch over manager in order to disallow misuse, but development is fast and it's easy to miss a commit or a review...

/O