[asterisk-users] Is it possible to configure Asterisk so that it does the Q.SIG “Path Replacement Feature” ?

Raoul Trevisi raoul.trevisi at phonetica.eu
Mon Mar 8 07:49:02 CST 2010

Hello,

If I connect an Asterisk 1.6 to a PBX via Q.SIG and

A (on the PBX) calls B (a SIP phone on Asterisk).
B answers and puts A on hold. Then B calls C (on the PABX) and does an attended transfer.

Is it possible to configure Asterisk so that it does the Q.SIG “Path Replacement Feature” ?

The Q.SIG "Path Replacement Feature" requires the following:

After both legs of the call are setup and Asterisk has a successful "tromboned" or bridged call ...
Asterisk sees both 'B' channels (from trombone) are on same PRI/technology and initiates "Path Replacement" events
    a. Asterisk sends "Transfer Complete" messages to both call legs
    b. QSIG Switch sends "Purpose" message on one of the legs (random 1-10sec timer expires - 1st leg to send is it!)
    c. Asterisk rebroadcasts "Purpose" message to other call leg
    d. QSIG Switch sends "Disconnect" message on one of the legs (same random timer sequence as above)
    e. Asterisk rebroadcasts "Disconnect" message to other call leg
    f. QSIG Switch disconnects Asterisk call legs - callers are now within QSIG switch

Which hw/Q.SIG board shall I use on Asterisk to get this behavior ? Any PRI board ?

Thank you and Regards,

Raoul Trevisi