[asterisk-users] Having problems with BLF

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Mar 7 23:09:57 CST 2010

Hi!

> Have just tried the asterisk setup on an old server that I placed on
> our LAN (i.e. server and extensions all on same subnet). BLF worked as
> expected, no "queued" messages. Could NAT be the problem?

Possibly - this is what chan_sip.c says just before "(queued)":

"We already have a NOTIFY sent that is not answered. Queue the state up.
If many state changes happen meanwhile, we will only send a notification
of the last one."

But of course there is always the chance to uncover a bug. :-)

You might want to check if your router is somehow "SIP aware", acts as a
SIP proxy (possibly a transparent proxy), and if yes, try to turn that
off. And maybe share what routers (or routerS) you employ.

Philipp