[asterisk-users] 30 mins GSM file

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Fri Mar 5 10:00:25 CST 2010

----- "Jeff LaCoursiere" <jeff at jeff.net> escreveu:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Steve Howes wrote:

> >> Use sox to concatenate 6.9 copies of John Cage's 4'33"
> >
> > Get permission first..

> Considering that was a 1950's era composition, perhaps the copyright
> has
> already expired?

Haha epic thread.
Now seriously.

I'm not sure why you want to make a 30-minute gsm-encoded silent audio file, but I'm pretty sure there's a better way to accomplish what you want than doing that. If you explain us what you're trying to do, maybe we can help even more.

Anyway... Audacity can easily create a blank file of any lenght. Export it as WAV and convert it to GSM using Asterisk with the "file convert" CLI command. Make sure you create the file with 8000khz sampling rate, 16-bit resolution and mono, otherwise Asterisk won't be able to play it. Well, but there's no audio on the file either... *head asplodes*