[asterisk-users] Having problems with BLF

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Mar 5 08:42:42 CST 2010

Hi!

> I'm having a problem getting a snom 300 to work with BLF (extension
> 222). I've set it to watch extension 220 in the function key config
> pages as per the wiki (BLF, <sip:220 at server.com>) but I can't get the
> light to come on when 220 is ringing. The SIP trace page doesn't show
> anything coming from my PBX when 220 is ringing or in use.

First try with "Extension" instead of "BLF".
Which Wiki page are you referring to exactly?

For example:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+snom
http://wiki.snom.com/Interoperability/PBX/Asterisk
http://wiki.snom.com/Features/Extension_Monitoring

Then do a sip debug on your PBX to see if Asterisk is sending the device
state information. If it is then you need to check your network setup
(and make sure 222 is registered to the PBX as you might have instructed
that phone to refuse SIP messages from anyone else).

SIP SHOW SUBSCRIPTIONS might also reveal some more details.

Also:

- It is not advisable to name your sip peers with 22x = phone numbers.
Those are devices that deserve device names. These usernames are far too
easy to guess for a brute force attack, and they will put you into
trouble when you re-arrange your diaplan.

- Maybe except for [222] you most certainly do not need the "username="
statements. It does not do what you think it does. ;->

Philipp