[asterisk-users] 30 mins GSM file

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Mar 4 17:33:06 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 23:27 +0000, Steve Howes wrote:
> On 4 Mar 2010, at 23:11, Steve Edwards wrote:

> >> Record yourself thinking of the solution for 1/2 of an hour.
> >
> > Use sox to concatenate 6.9 copies of John Cage's 4'33"

	Download Audacity and create a new track, then insert 30 minutes of
silence.  Save your wav and then convert to gsm with sox.

sox foo.wav foo.gsm

	Done in seconds.  Just make sure you save the wav file in mono and 8khz
or you will have to resample the gsm file.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001