[asterisk-users] Uverse, Asterisk and SIP

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:53:11 CST 2010

Fred Posner wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2010, at 6:27 PM, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> I've just got Uverse installed. I had dsl, but ATT insisted I couldn't
>> keep my old dsl, but had to switch to Uverse internet - vdsl.
>>
>> My setup:
>>
>> linux box as router : 10.10.11.252
>>
>> asterisk box:         10.10.11.180
>>
>> 10.10.11.252 is multihomed and connected to the Uverse Residential
>> Gateway. I've set it up as DMZplus, and it shows the public ip address
>> as eth1. I can ssh into the linux box from outside.
>>
>> sip worked fine with dsl. I used teliax, junction and direct sip to the
>> asterisk box in the office. I can ssh from 10.10.11.180 to the office.
>>
>> But not now. The asterisk box sends out sip messages, but nothing comes
>> in. In the office asterisk box, I don't see the sip messages come in.
>>
>> Is anybody using sip behind a Uverse RG? Care to share the magic?
>>
>> sean
>
> Sean,
>
> I had att u-verse up until a week ago and loved it. Ran Asterisk behind it with great success. (I only left u-verse because of a physical move).
>
> Anyway, by default the u-verse router simply will block upd like noone's business. Make sure you have a firewall and then tell the u-verse router to open everything to that firewall (and proceed like you did on dsl). If you change the mac of your firewall, you'll need to reauth it again.
>
> ---fred
> http://qxork.com

Well, I think I did that by setting the linux box to DMZplus:

View Firewall Summary->View Firewall Details

Current Settings: Custom
Device 	   AllowedApps AppType Protocol PortNumber(s) PublicIP
76.xxx.yyy.zzz 	All 	- 	(all) 	(all) 	76.xxx.yyy.zzz

and

Edit Advanced Firewall Settings

unchecked all the Security Settings, and unchecked all the Attack Detection.

Anything else?

sean