[asterisk-users] Uverse, Asterisk and SIP

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:27:36 CST 2010

I've just got Uverse installed. I had dsl, but ATT insisted I couldn't
keep my old dsl, but had to switch to Uverse internet - vdsl.

My setup:

linux box as router : 10.10.11.252

asterisk box:         10.10.11.180

10.10.11.252 is multihomed and connected to the Uverse Residential
Gateway. I've set it up as DMZplus, and it shows the public ip address
as eth1. I can ssh into the linux box from outside.

sip worked fine with dsl. I used teliax, junction and direct sip to the
asterisk box in the office. I can ssh from 10.10.11.180 to the office.

But not now. The asterisk box sends out sip messages, but nothing comes
in. In the office asterisk box, I don't see the sip messages come in.

Is anybody using sip behind a Uverse RG? Care to share the magic?

sean