[asterisk-users] rtcachefriends & qualify & sip reload

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 08:22:00 CST 2010

jonas kellens wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 11:32 +0000, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
>> In my experience, yes, that is normal behaviour. Generally any SIP phone
>> will try to reconnect with the server within 2 mins anyway.
>>
> In the Zoiper softphone, it is set to 3600 seconds... I don't want my
> customers have to do a lot of configuration on their softphone.
> Can I force the SIP clients to re-register every 5 minutes (a setting
> in sip.conf ?) ?? Will this cause a lot of overhead ?
If you get the AMI part working you will no longer need to do SIP
reloads and this becomes academic.
>> If you are changing RealTime config in your DB you need to do a sip
>> prune realtime either directly from asterisk cli or using AMI. You
>> really do not need to do a SIP reload when changing the config of one
>> sip extension.
>>
> I'm using a php-webGUI to change the sip_buddies table. Is their an
> easy php class that facilitates working with AMI (as I have no
> experience with AMI) ?
Hi, Have a look at this page

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+API

Further down the page it has links to using the AMI with different
programming languages including example classes. In the end I ended up
writing my own class as I was only doing 3 or 4 things with the AMI and
didn't need the rest.  All you are doing is opening a socket on the
asterisk machine and writing to and reading from it so it's not exactly
rocket science.

I went through exactly the problems you are having myself a fair few
months ago. It took me a day or 2 to get it all sorted out in my test
environment so it's not too difficult to implement.

--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer

Office:   0161 660 3062