[asterisk-users] Sip module problem

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 2 05:51:37 CST 2010

Hi!

> I started to have problems with sip trunks, using more than one trunk
> (and sometimes using only one) the sip module seems to freeze... My local
> extensions lost registration and also the trunks. The only way that I
> can restart the sip is removing the trunks...

Have seen this also on different 1.4 versions (1.4.18), created a bug
report and was told this to be a DNS issue. I do not think it is, but
never got this one fully solved.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15139
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15052

'This bug is surely a DNS related problem, if you look over /main/dns.c
you'll find:
"Asterisk DNS is synchronus at this time. This means that if your DNS
does not work properly, Asterisk might not start properly or a channel
may lock."
Try to change nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf.'

What distribution & kernel are you using?

> If I make sip reload or restart asterisk the sip module takes many many time
> before starting.

That I didn't notice, had to do a reboot (!).

Philipp