[asterisk-users] User on PC?

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Mon Mar 1 17:52:10 CST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 23:46 +0100, Leif Neland wrote:
> I'm looking for a way for linux to query a pc if user X is on, and has
> used the pc recently or the screensaver is not active.
>
> If so, I'll route a call for user X to the phone near that PC.
>
> Ideas, anyone?

'who' can give you info who is logged in and when for all terminals on a
linux machine.
Also 'fgconsole' will be usefull.
This assumes you got remote access (ssh probably) to the machine and you
are able to execute commands as root (for the fgconsole at least)
Check also the XDMCP protocol for the X Display Manager XDM, KDM, GDM
etc (not sure which one your machines will be running) as it can provide
some info also

--
Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Intelligence