[asterisk-users] OT:4 Line DECT Cordless phone without answering machine

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Mon Mar 1 17:05:54 CST 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:26:26 -0500, C F wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Gordon Henderson
><gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, C F wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know of a cordless 4 line DECT phone that does't have an
>>> answering machine? Or one that costs less than $300.00 (even with
>>> answering)?
>>
>> 4 line? Do you mean 4 handsets or 4 SIP accounts?
>
>Sorry should have specified, I meant 4 line analog. See my other post
>I already found one.
>

>> Siemes gigaset range - the down-side is that they can only make 2
>> concurrent SIP calls on one base station. So 4 (actually 6) SIP accounts,
>> up to 6 handsets but only 2 concurrent calls.

The Panasonic KX-TG5000, or related follow-on models will do this. They
have a largish desk phone that includes the DECT base, then support up
to 8 cordless handsets. The base handles 4 analog lines and includes a
built-in battery backup.

Long ago I had the KX-TG4000, which was an early model in the series
that operated on 2.4 GHz using proprietary coding over the radio links.
A later model went to 5.8 GHz, then another finally used DECT 6.0.

These are more costly than you describe. The base & 1 handset usually
selling for around $400, with extra handsets $100 each. They used to
offer a cordless handset in the form factor of a nice little desk
phone, not just the usual candy bar style.

Michael

Michael
--
Michael Graves