[asterisk-users] Unable to register a sip account with x-lite

Tim Culhane tim.culhane at criticalpath.net
Mon Mar 1 10:39:14 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.2 on a linux red hat machine.

I'm attempting to connect to asterisk using x-lite,  but  always get the
'401 unauthorized'  error back from the server.

As far as I know I have my sip.conf and extensions.conf  configured
correctly  and I've tried changing lots of things but am still getting
nowhere.

In my  sip.conf I have:

[user1]
type=friend
secret=user1
callerid="user1"
qualify=yes
nat=yes
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
context=internal
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Note I've tried nat=no  and qualify=no  but it doesn't change anything.

Extensions.conf has:

[internal]
exten => user1,1,Dial(SIP/user1,10,r)
exten => 1359,1,Dial(SIP/user1,10,r)
exten => user1,hint,SIP/user1

If I could even get some debug  from Asterisk   showing me why the  user is
unauthorized that would be great.  I have added   verbose  and debug  to the
messages line  in logger.conf  and also  set  'sip set debug on'.  But I
can't find  any debug output anywhere.  The messages file  just contains
start up messages  for asterisk  and no debug output.  I can't find  any sip
debug output anywhere.

Anybody know what I can do to try and isolate my configuration problems?
How  can I get debug trace from Asterisk  showing the connection coming in
from x-lite?

Many thanks,

Tim

-------------------------
Tim Culhane,
Critical Path Ireland,
42-47 Lower Mount Street,
Dublin 2.
Direct line: 353-1-2415107
phone: 353-1-2415000

Tim.culhane at criticalpath.net
http://www.criticalpath.net

Critical Path
a global leader in digital communications