[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Cisco DTMF

Szasz Szabolcs szasz.szabolcs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:05:17 CST 2010

Thank you David,

I did an IVR on Asterisk wich reads for the caller the entered digits,
it's working.
I did traces for the same call on access side (where the dtmfs come
with rfc2833 method) and the other interface where I send the dtmfs
with sip info method to Cisco gateway. Both side seems to be OK, no
duplicates.

Kind regards,

Szabolcs Szasz

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:40 AM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at
gmail.com <http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users>>
wrote:
*>>* Hi,
*>>*
*>>* I have encountered a DTMF issue. My scenario:
*>>*
*>>* Access carrier-----sip---->
*>>* Asterisk-1.4.25.1-----sip---->CiscoGW-----ISDN----->TDM Switch
*>>*
*>>* the access carrier sends to Asterisk out of band (rfc2833) dtmf, Asterisk
*>>* forwards it with SIP INFO method to Cisco gateway, but on TDM switch every
*>>* digit is duplicated. Is it possible that the carrier sends inband
along with
*>>* rfc2833?
*>* Can you take asterisk out of the loop, terminate sip carrier straight
*>* into Cisco for testing?
*
You could also make a really simple dialplan object to do some DTMF
directly with a channel on the asterisk, to see if things work
properly going just that far.