[asterisk-users] call file question

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Wed Jun 30 21:44:12 CDT 2010

I am sure this is simple, but have been struggling.  I want to create a
call file that dials out a particular Dahdi channel to enable call
forwarding on a POTS line.  I have this in extensions.conf:

[custom-callfwd]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Dial(DAHDI/4-1/*717157750)
exten => s,n,Verbose(${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,n,Hangup

[custom-callfwdcanc]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Dial(DAHDI/4-1/*72)
exten => s,n,Verbose(${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,n,Hangup

Using FreePBX I have setup "custom destinations" and "custom
applications" such that users can dial a code from their desks and enable
or disable forwarding via the above contexts.  That works fine.

Now I whipped up a C program to create a call file to do the same thing
from the command line:

[snip]
         fprintf(callfile, "Channel: Local/*71 at custom-callfwd/n\n");
 	fprintf(callfile, "Application: Playback\n");
 	fprintf(callfile, "Data: hello-world\n");
[snip]

When I run this it creates the call file and I see this in the console:

     -- Attempting call on Local/*71 at custom-callfwd/n for application
Playback(hello-world) (Retry 1)

And that is all... no call actually goes out on the Dahdi line.

I'm sure I am not properly creating the call file to do what I want.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,