[asterisk-users] Minimum modules required to run VoIP and CDR

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:33:49 CDT 2010

What is the minimal module set required to run SIP with database CDR logging.

I compiled Asterisk from source and I obviously compiled more stuff
than I needed for VoIP and CDR logging to postgres.

Sometimes there is a long gap between Asterisk starting and devices
being able to register. sip commands do not work, and they appear to
be the last items to be loaded.

Is there some way of checking the module dependencies and removing
those not needed?
Can the modules be interrogated to find out their dependencies,
probably starting with chan_sip and some cdr and database modules?