[asterisk-users] Echo problem in VoIP-calls

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Wed Jun 30 04:28:06 CDT 2010

Hello,

I also thought about echo because the Zoiper softphone is used with a
headset. But that didn't explain why the echo also appeared on the
analogue phone + gateway.

I have the same Grandstream GXW 4008 gateway with 5 analoge phones
attached in another environment and there, there are no echo-problems.
Can't say the analogue phones that are being used there are top of the
bill, rather cheap stuff actually.

When calling through the analogue phone line, there is no echo (and it
seems therefore that the analogue phones that are being used meet the
quality standards).

The only network-element that is different in the 2 environments is the
router...

Jonas.