[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 (and 1.4) DTMF problems using RFC2833

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:28:19 CDT 2010

We are experiencing intermittent DTMF problems here, with the following
setup:

ITSP -> PIX -> Asterisk (g729, RFC2833 for DTMF).

I am running Ubuntu server 10.04, but Asterisk is compiled by us and not
installed from the software repository.  Essentially, DTMF works for some
time, but at some point it simply stops and the point at which it stops
appears to be random.

Using RTP debug, I can verify that the RFC2833 DTMF is being delivered in
the RTP stream, and Asterisk knows of it.  Independently, wireshark confirms
the same.  I can't easily remove the PIX, but as the RTP is showing the DTMF
I do not believe the firewall is an issue.

Our ITSP is registered as a SIP provider, and we can receive calls just
fine.  I've attached a file containing portions of the asterisk log, the
wireshark log and the dialplan.

Has anyone else run into this situation?

Best Regards,
Mark Deneen