[asterisk-users] Find a way to block brute force attacks.

Rodrigo Lang rodrigoferreiralang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 09:39:32 CDT 2010

Hello list.

I'm trying to find a way to block any ip that tries to login more than three
times with the wrong password and try to log in three different extensions. For
I have suffered some brute force attacks on my asterisk in the morning
period.

The idea would be: Any ip with three attempts without success to log into an
extension is blocked.

Is there any way to accomplish this directly by the asterisk? Or is there
some kind of asterisk spit this information via the AMI?

I was wondering to make a Java program to listen to the AMI and create a
rule in iptables for ip in specific.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rodrigo Lang.