[asterisk-users] G729 license key registration

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Jun 29 07:14:52 CDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Kiss András wrote:

> 2010/6/25 Remco Bressers <rbressers at signet.nl>:
>> On 06/25/2010 09:48 AM, Kiss András wrote:
>>> You selected 5, G.729 Codec
>>> Please enter your Key-ID: G729-10D2XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>> This product key cannot be registered!  Please verify you entered the
>>> correct product key.
>>> Server response: 404 - Key not found.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> How about contacting Digium about this?
>
> I`ve tried, got no response (yet)
> I`ve found a thread on this list with the same problem, without the
> solution: http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg219314.html

Dump the digium one and download the "free" one and make sure you don't
utilise more channels of g729 than you've paid licenses for... (or just
buy more licenses when you need more channels)

Probably not the technically correct way to do things, but no-one replied
the last time I suggested this on the list...

Or try a commercially licensed alternative - e.g.
http://www.howlertech.com/products/howlets/ perhaps their licensing works
better?

Gordon