[asterisk-users] sip add header

C. Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Mon Jun 28 16:55:26 CDT 2010

At 8:08 AM on 28 Jun 2010, Jerry Geis wrote:

> It seems that for local channels (asterisk 1.4.33)  the variable
> Variable: SIPADDHEADER="Alert-Info: Ring Answer"
> (call polycom phones and ring then auto answer)
>
> Is ignored, Is this just an oversite or is there some reason?
>
> It works fine with I call the SIP phone directly - however -
> when I first call the Local channel - then Dial the SIP phone
> the SIPADDHEADER doesnt seem to do anything.

Have you tried adding an underscore?

Set(_SIPADDHEADER="Alert-Info: Ring Answer")

Without the underscore, the variable won't be inherited by the Local
channel.  Also, look up the /n option to the Local channel.  That may
affect it, but I can't say how off the top of my head.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company