[asterisk-users] [voice mail] Estimating file size?

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Sat Jun 26 12:43:40 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr> wrote:
>        To run Asterisk on an embedded appliance, ie. where RAM and
> non-volatile memory is an issue (respectively 64MB and 256MB), I need
> to check how much space voice messages take to save and play back.

Doing some simple math and using the settings below.  You could easy
estimate the max amount of disk space one mailbox would use.

voicemail.conf
[general]
format=gsm
; Maximum number of messages per folder.
maxmsg=10
; Maximum length of a voicemail message in seconds
maxsecs=180

--
Paul Belanger | dCAP
Polybeacon | Consultant