[asterisk-users] [voice mail] Estimating file size?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Sat Jun 26 08:21:29 CDT 2010

Hello

	To run Asterisk on an embedded appliance, ie. where RAM and
non-volatile memory is an issue (respectively 64MB and 256MB), I need
to check how much space voice messages take to save and play back.

The appliance is connected to a landline in Europe (in case that makes
a difference as far as codecs are concerned).

Is there a document that shows the different options, with/without
compression, so I can make an informed choice?

Thank you.