[asterisk-users] [CRON] Right way to restart Asterisk and Zaptel?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Sat Jun 26 06:31:10 CDT 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:59:32 +0200, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>Before I go ahead, I'd like to know if I can just send the following
>commands, or if there are issues I should know about:

To avoid issues about the host hanging after a reboot due to
upgrades... I think I'll just run a CRON job to stop/start Zaptel and
see if it solves the issue I'm having about Asterisk no longer
answering calls after X weeks of running fine.

Can someone confirm that Zaptel can't be unloaded with Asterisk is
still running (this is on a FreeBSD 6.3 host)?

=========================
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk stop
Stopping asterisk.
kill: 735: No such process

# ps aux | grep asterisk | grep -v grep

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel stop
 zaptel

# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    7 0xc0400000 7a05b0   kernel
 2    1 0xc0ba1000 5c304    acpi.ko
12    1 0xc2d69000 19000    linux.ko

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel start
 zaptel
Keyword: [fxsks], Value: [1]
Keyword: [loadzone], Value: [fr]
Keyword: [defaultzone], Value: [fr]

# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   17 0xc0400000 7a05b0   kernel
 2    1 0xc0ba1000 5c304    acpi.ko
12    1 0xc2d69000 19000    linux.ko
13    9 0xc2ca7000 32000    zaptel.ko
14    1 0xc2cdd000 7000     qozap.ko
15    1 0xc2ce7000 20000    tau32pci.ko
16    1 0xc2d09000 5000     wcfxo.ko
17    1 0xc2d0f000 a000     wcfxs.ko
18    1 0xc2d1f000 6000     wct1xxp.ko
19    1 0xc2d25000 c000     wct4xxp.ko
20    1 0xc2d31000 a000     wcte11xp.ko
21    1 0xc2d3b000 d000     wcte12xp.ko

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk start
Starting asterisk.

# ps aux | grep asterisk | grep -v grep
root   4555  0,0  4,3 21896 16444  ??  Ss   13:22     0:00,67
/usr/local/sbin/asterisk

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel stop
 zaptelkldunload: can't unload file: Device busy

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk stop
Stopping asterisk.
kill: 4555: No such process

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel stop
 zaptelkldunload: can't find file wcte12xp.ko: No such file or
directory
kldunload: can't find file wcte11xp.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file wct4xxp.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file wct1xxp.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file wcfxo.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file tau32pci.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file qozap.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file zaptel.ko: No such file or directory

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel start
 zaptel
Keyword: [fxsks], Value: [1]
Keyword: [loadzone], Value: [fr]
Keyword: [defaultzone], Value: [fr]

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk start
Starting asterisk.

# ps aux | grep asterisk | grep -v grep
root   4629  0,0  4,3 21896 16444  ??  Ss   13:27     0:00,65
/usr/local/sbin/asterisk

=> I guess it's OK to ignore Zaptel's "kldunload: can't find file
X.ko: No such file or directory", and just go ahead and stop/start
Asterisk and start Zaptel.