[asterisk-users] [CRON] Right way to restart Asterisk and Zaptel?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Jun 25 01:59:32 CDT 2010

Hello

About every three months, my dad's little Asterisk server that handles
his business phone line with an OpenVox PCI card stops taking calls.

To check if it's the cause, I'd like to run a CRON job every night to
restart Zaptel and Asterisk.

Before I go ahead, I'd like to know if I can just send the following
commands, or if there are issues I should know about:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk stop
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel stop
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel start
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk start

Or, as I suspect, if there's already a good watchguard applet
available, I could use that instead.

FWIW, it's a FreeBSD 6.3 host, running Zaptel 1.4.0-BSD and Asterisk
1.4.21.2.

Thank you.