[asterisk-users] Very strange registration problem

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Jun 24 06:49:34 CDT 2010

As I said earlier, the firewall was down. I'm using LFD&CSF.

If it had anything to do with the firewall, how can the problem be
resolved by recompiling asterisk and asterisk-addons ?

Yesterday everything went well, this night something happened I guess,
and this morning on some locations some phones (of all types of brand)
showed a failed registration and rebooting the phones did not help
(neither did reloading/restarting asterisk or the entire server)...

To make an example : some Snom M3 phones were registered, some Snom 320
were not, on my own Cisco SPA942 2 out of 4 SIP-accounts were registered
(the other two would not register after several reboots).

It seems as if some SIPaccounts could register and others could not. I
don't think a firewall distinguishes between phone brands or SIP accounts.

Jonas.