[asterisk-users] Anybody using TE410P on BT ISDN with DAHDI?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Tue Jun 22 21:29:25 CDT 2010

On 6/22/2010 2:15 PM, A J Stiles wrote:
> [Jun 22 21:34:18] WARNING[5651]: chan_dahdi.c:4160 pri_find_dchan: No
> D-channels available!  Using Primary channel 16 as D-channel anyway!

AJ-

On my system (D410P) the above message appears when EITHER:
(a) A span is configured in dahdi-channels.conf (or chan_dahdi.conf in
your case), but nothing is plugged into it
      OR
(b) A span is configured in dahdi-channels.conf (or chan_dahdi.conf in
your case), an E1 is plugged in, BUT signalling type is incorrectly
configured (pri_cpe vs. pri_net)

Also, you should be able to leave everything configured in
/etc/dahdi/system.conf, whether or not anything is plugged into it, so
set this one up and leave it alone.

Finally, you might consider using dahdi_tool to see if you are getting a
Red alarm or not.  Note that this works independently of asterisk, but
also note further that this tool will indicate OK even if the signalling
type is backwards - basically it just means that another E1 is plugged
into it.

-Scott