[asterisk-users] Dialplan Gurus? Can Asterisk 1.4x CHANNEL function be used to retrieve info about OTHER channels?

Elliot Otchet elliot.otchet at callingcircles.com
Tue Jun 22 15:01:29 CDT 2010

Get it via the AMI.  If you're already using PHPAGI, it is trivial to get this data.  You can even find an example of how to call "sip show peers" and output the resulting response.  You avoid using the (-rx) and you get the data you were looking for.

http://phpagi.sourceforge.net/phpagi2/docs/phpAGI/AGI_AsteriskManager.html

<other thoughts>If you're already using PHPAGI often on a busy system, you might want to get more ram, use fastagi to move the PHP load to another system, or take Steve Edward's standard advice and rewrite it in C.  </other thoughts>

-Elliot