[asterisk-users] Sangoma - how to show channels in use?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Tue Jun 22 11:41:04 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have several 1.4.29 installations with Sangoma AFT101d cards.  Normally
we have been collecting the raw data and then graphing channel use for
these customers with:

asterisk -rx 'show channels' | cut -f1 -d' ' | grep Zap | sort -u | wc -l

Then I recently noticed that there were some "zombie" calls in this list
that were not actually active anymore.  They go away if I restart
asterisk, but in the meantime channel use appears artificially inflated.

I am wondering if there is a better method, perhaps with Sangoma CLI
tools, to show which channels are ACTUALLY in use?  I played around with
wanpipemon but that doesn't really give channel specific info.

Any clues?  I posted on the Sangoma forums also...

Thanks!