[asterisk-users] Anybody using TE410P on BT ISDN with DAHDI?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 09:06:15 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 22 Jun 2010, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:26:28PM +0100, A J Stiles wrote:
> > Is anybody else using the following combination:
> >
> > * a TE410P card  (wct4xxp driver)
> > * a BT ISDN connection
> > * DAHDI 2.3.0.1
> > * Asterisk 1.6.2.9
> >
> > I'm trying to configure a new box to replace a legacy system  (same
> > hardware; some old version of Asterisk with Zaptel; works lovely but
> > hopelessly out-of-date)  and not having much joy.  Specifically, I
> > couldn't get it to see a D-channel on channel 16 of span 1.  And without
> > a D-channel, there is no way I'm going to be able to get a call in or
> > out.
>
> What version of libpri?

Libpri version is 1.4.11.1.  Sorry.

> What does it mean 'no D-Channel'?

The message I get is

WARNING[3502]: chan_dahdi.c:4160 pri_find_dchan: No D-channels available!
Using Primary channel 16 as D-channel anyway!

which is the same message I get if I attempt to start up Asterisk with the
ISDN disconnected.  (I transferred the cable from one machine to the other,
so that eliminates that as a cause.  Could the card be the problem?)

> What is the
> output of "pri show span 1'?

With the ISDN disconnected, I get:

Primary D-channel: 16
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: CPE
Overlap Dial: 0
Logical Channel Mapping: 0
Timer and counter settings:
  N200: 3
  N202: 3
  K: 7
  T200: 1000
  T202: 10000
  T203: 10000
  T303: 4000
  T305: 30000
  T308: 4000
  T309: 6000
  T313: 4000
  T-HOLD: 4000
  T-RETRIEVE: 4000
  T-RESPONSE: 4000
Overlap Recv: No

On the working box  (connected to ISDN and calls going in and out; running
older versions of all software),  the same command produces:

Primary D-channel: 16
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: CPE
Window Length: 0/7