[asterisk-users] [AGI] What scripting language for embedded hardware?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Jun 22 05:53:33 CDT 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:10:12 +0000, Edwin Quijada
<listas_quijada at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Uhmmm.. remember for each channel you run perl or php interpreter so with that amount of memory maybe this can be a problem.
> For that kind of project I'd use C or java as fastagi protocol

Thanks Edwin. In my case, the hardware will only handle one or two
channels at a time (SOHO user), so it's OK if the interpreter takes
about 2-3MB, especially if it can be launched once to handle AGI
scripts for each channel.

As a middle-of-the-road solution, I'm thinking Lua, as an easier to
use solution than C while keeping things tidy.