[asterisk-users] Dialplan Gurus? Can Asterisk 1.4x CHANNEL function be used to retrieve info about OTHER channels?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:08:23 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I want to know if a specific codec type is used at least one. For example, I
want to know if out of the 100 calls on the system if there is a 1 channel
that is running G.729 codec right now. If using dial-plan and I dial in, I
can use this to obtain information about CURRENT channel. But it won't allow
me to obtain information about OTHER channels and that is what I want to do.
I want a search for all channels and an output spit out as g729 or TRUE or
FALSE if there is a g729 channel.

exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Set(foo=${CHANNEL(audioreadformat)})
exten => s,n,NoOp(${foo})

Above ^^^^ NoOp spits out g729 if I call in with a g729 codec. But I
want that to be about other channels and not the one I am calling
into.

Thanks,

Bruce