[asterisk-users] Compiling H323

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sun Jun 20 18:45:08 CDT 2010

I'm really struggling with an Asterisk 1.6.2.7 install (on centos 5.4)

The pwlib + opal packages don't satisfy Asterisk's configure script (to let H323 compile), so I removed those and added the latest ptlib + h323plus (from h323plus.org)

I can compile ptlib and h323, but when I load chan_h323 in asterisk I get a segfault.  I had to point LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib with the lib files from ptlib and h323+ are installed by default, to even get asterisk to start.

Can anyone give some advice?  I've burned 8 hours on h323 today....