[asterisk-users] asterisk appache issue

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Jun 19 02:23:44 CDT 2010

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010, pankaj pandey wrote:

> how can i give the root permission to apache ?

sudo.

However, without careful configuration you will probably be giving root
access to any process that runs as your apache user.

I've never done it, but I'm guessing you could create a group, make your
asterisk user and your apache user members of that group and protect
resources appropriately.

What are you trying to accomplish that you can't using AMI, querying a
database, creating a call file or parsing a log file?

--
Thanks in advance,