[asterisk-users] How to get asterisk to playback personal greetings using grandstream gxp-2000

Eddie Mikell eddie at rimmkaufman.com
Fri Jun 18 14:22:12 CDT 2010

All:

I am using the standard voicemail in asterisk. Everything works well,
except, if a users wants to record their own personal greeting, it
doesn't playback.

I can see the soundfile being created.  I suspect it is a setting in the
voicemail.conf, or an option I am over-looking on the grandstream, but
if anyone can point me in the write direction, I would certainly
appreciate the help.

Also, I would like for the user to be able to set up their own
password.  I set the initial password the same as the extension, so that
forces voicemail to prompt for a new password.  The problem is, I can
see where asterisk is trying to write the password in the voicemail.conf
file, but it is denied because the user doesn't have permission.  I hate
to open /etc/asterisk directory to the incorrect permissions.  What
would be the best way to enable the user to be able to change their
password?

Thanks,

Eddie