[asterisk-users] asterisk issue

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Jun 18 13:16:14 CDT 2010

Un-top-posting...

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, salaheddine elharit wrote:

> I have a problem in Asterisk 1.4 each day I need to restart asterisk
> service asterisk restart in order to unblock the calls

> 2010/6/18 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

> I do a cron to execute “/usr/sbin/asterisk –rx “restart when convenient”
> each day at 4:45 AM.  This doesn’t really “solve” any problems, just
> does “housekeeping” to keep a clean environment, since some
> installs/os’es lend themselves to memory leaks.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, salaheddine elharit wrote:

> how can i create and execute this cron

Restarting Asterisk daily is a band-aid. Band-aids have their place, but
to carry the analogy further, not if they allow the infection to fester.

If you have an issue with whatever you mean by a "blocked call," you
should resolve the issue. Either it is something you (or your provider)
are doing wrong (which will come back to bite you later) or you have
identified a bug in Asterisk (unlikely, but we would all benefit from it's
resolution).

--
Thanks in advance,