[asterisk-users] IVR extension dialing error

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:33:09 CDT 2010

I once setup a callback system for someone and we had these DTMF issues on
constant basis, and all the complains were from cell phone users. At that
time I found out that even my own cellphone would not DTMF correctly from
certain locations, including my home, but would work perfectly fine from my
work location. Probably times of the day matters too, but yes, calling from
cell phones does result in DTMF issues, and the reason is that it is just
the audio signals, which get distorted based on various factors like the
signal strength, cell tower transmission quality, transcodings, etc.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com