[asterisk-users] app_swift v2.0 released

Darren Sessions dmsessions at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:00:50 CDT 2010

Hi all,

Thought I'd mention that the new version of the app_swift text-to-speech module for Asterisk 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6 has been released at it's new home on the Asterisk Forge.

http://forge.asterisk.org/gf/project/app_swift/

For those that are unaware, app_swift provides a direct interface with the Cepstral text-to-speech engine so instead of having to call the Cepstral engine and write then read an audio file (i.e. disk I/O), you can call the library directly and "stream" the audio straight to the Asterisk channel. Additionally, the app_swift module supports DTMF detection with a max digits and timeout value as well (similar to the AGI get data functionality).

The new version of app_swift has been built and tested on the latest releases of Asterisk for each of their respective code-bases (1.2.40, 1.4.32, and 1.6.2.8) using the Cepstral 5.x libraries.

Any questions or feedback, please let me know.

Thanks,

- Darren