[asterisk-users] DAHDI PRI error message

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Thu Jun 17 08:47:06 CDT 2010

Scott Stingel wrote:
> On 6/17/2010 2:12 AM, Gareth Blades wrote:
>> Scott Stingel wrote:
>>> Hello-
>>>
>>> After configuring DAHDI and starting asterisk, I get the following
>>> message continuously on the Asterisk console:
>>>
>>>   WARNING[2057]: chan_dahdi.c:4158 pri_find_dchan: No D-channels
>>> available!  Using Primary channel 16 as D-channel anyway!
>>>
>>> My card is a D410P configured for E1, only the first span is
>>> configured, and configuration snippets are as follows:
>>>
>>>  From /etc/dahdi/system.conf:  (auto configured, first span only shown:)
>>> # Span 1: TE4/0/1 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
>>> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>>> # termtype: te
>>> bchan=1-15,17-31
>>> dchan=16
>>> echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31

>>>  From /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf (included in chan_dahdi.conf):
>>> ; Span 1: TE4/0/1 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
>>> group=0,11
>>> context=from-pstn
>>> switchtype = euroisdn
>>> signalling = pri_cpe
>>> channel => 1-15,17-31
>>> context = default
>>> group = 63
>>>
>>> QUESTION:  Shouldn't asterisk pick up from dahdi.conf that the
>>> signalling channel is 16?  Why the error message?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Scott
>>>

>> The error means that when it tried using the D channel 16 it was not
>> able to communicate. Probably a misconfiguration or you havent plugged
>> the cable in yet.
>>

> Thanks Gareth-
>
> I'm zeroing in on the pattern of this channel allocation problem:  This
> is in a system which has both a D410P and B200P (OpenVox).  When the
> D410P (wct4xxp driver) is configured by itself, there are no error
> messages and the PRI's work fine.  However, when I also load the wcb4xxp
> driver to support the B200P in the same system, I start getting these
> error messages and the PRI spans no longer work.
>
> I'm going to further quantify these symptoms and will report back

Maybe a channel ordering problem?

If you have a 4 port analogue card for example then if that card is
detected first you will find it is channels 1-4 and therefore your
ISDN30 will be channels 5-19,21-35 and the D channel being 20.