[asterisk-users] DAHDI PRI error message

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Wed Jun 16 16:54:30 CDT 2010

Hello-

After configuring DAHDI and starting asterisk, I get the following
message continuously on the Asterisk console:

  WARNING[2057]: chan_dahdi.c:4158 pri_find_dchan: No D-channels
available!  Using Primary channel 16 as D-channel anyway!

My card is a D410P configured for E1, only the first span is configured,
and configuration snippets are as follows:

 From /etc/dahdi/system.conf:  (auto configured, first span only shown:)
# Span 1: TE4/0/1 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
# termtype: te
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31

 From /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf (included in chan_dahdi.conf):
; Span 1: TE4/0/1 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
group=0,11
context=from-pstn
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31
context = default
group = 63

QUESTION:  Shouldn't asterisk pick up from dahdi.conf that the
signalling channel is 16?  Why the error message?

Thanks
Scott