[asterisk-users] Qwest PRIs

Voip Asterisk asterisk at wideideas.com
Wed Jun 16 11:01:03 CDT 2010

Ok got it up and running.  In the case for Qwest with NFAS they reserve what
they call "Interface ID 1" for the circuit with the backup d channel.  In
our case we only have two circuits with a single d channel.  The real key
was realizing the logical span number in the spanmap translated into
"interface ID"  so here are the spanmaps that worked for us:

[trunkgroups]
trunkgroup => 1,24
spanmap => 1,1,0
spanmap => 2,1,2

group=1
switchtype=dms100
echocancel=yes
signalling=pri_cpe
channel =>1-23,25-48

Notice the switchtype.  While they told me that their switchtype was "NI2"
(National ISDN 2) they did say they were using a dms100, so I would always
ask your carrier what switch they have.

Anyway thanks for your help all.