[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2 WARNING[23042]: acl.c:392 ast_get_ip_or_srv: Unable to lookup 'whsvoip.globalipcom.com'

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Jun 15 14:25:03 CDT 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Faisal Hanif wrote:

> Till now I am not able to find any difference between both machines. Can
> you please tell me how I can try to resolve it on OS level using some
> utility like dig?

I'm not a DNS guru, but this is what I would do...

) Start with "whois" to determine the names of the authoritative name
servers for the domain:

 	whois example.com

This shows that A.IANA-SERVERS.NET and B.IANA-SERVERS.NET are the
authoritative name servers.

) Query each of the name servers to see who they think are the name
servers:

 	dig @A.IANA-SERVERS.NET example.com ns
 	dig @B.IANA-SERVERS.NET example.com ns

This shows that a.iana-servers.net and b.iana-servers.net. The difference
in case is not significant.

) Query each name server to see if they can resolve the host name:

 	dig @a.iana-servers.net whsvoip.example.com
 	dig @b.iana-servers.net whsvoip.example.com

) If you are trying to use SRV records, use these queries:

 	dig @a.iana-servers.net srv _sip._udp.example.com
 	dig @b.iana-servers.net srv _sip._udp.example.com

) And just for fun, repeat the whole exercise on the other host. You're
looking for failures or inconsistencies that may explain why you getting
different behaviors.

--
Thanks in advance,