[asterisk-users] Skype for SIP

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 04:10:02 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Thomas Kenyon
<digium at sanguinarius.co.uk> wrote:
> On 15/6/10 06:22, Randy R wrote:
>> In October, they will begin charging for Skype Manager (required for
>> SfS) and a per seat charge for that.
>>
> SfA also requires Skype Manager, and only works with users that were
> created with it. (At Skypes insistance afaict).

Yes, correct. And they are charging per name starting this fall. SO if
the names die when you don't pay for Skype Manager, screw it and Skype
which I personally never use, that will become expensive for little
benefit. We'll teach people to use SIP clients which are free or fixed
cost.

> The only architectures supported by SfA at the moment are x86 and x86-64.

ok.

> Also afaik, video still doesn't work with it.

Don't care about that.