[asterisk-users] How to pass variable back and forth from dialplan to php file?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:05:36 CDT 2010

I do have a rather bigger project coming my way and I would really like to
know how to do the *"feeding a text file into the STDIN of your AGI so you
can debug completely external to Asterisk"*
*
*
*However, for this project, it seems that I can use php system() along with
grep to see the status of a peer with one line of code:*
*
*
*
 asterisk -rx "sip show peer $sip_peer" | grep -c "X-Lite"'
Above ^^^ in Linux prompt returns 1 if $sip_peer is registered with X-Lite
else it returns 0.

But using system() I think the "" confuse php and value is always returned
as 0.
$peer_count = system('asterisk -rx "sip show peer $sip_peer" | grep -c
"X-Lite"', $retval);

Should $sip_peer be inside another set of parenthesis?

Thanks,
Bruce

*