[asterisk-users] Small PC for Asterisk appliance to support 2 x Sangoma A200 (2 x PCIe standard cards)

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 16:59:46 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,

Looking for a powerful box that is compact, can take two hard drives for
Raid-1 (no SSD, too expensive), have at least two Gig ports or two
10/100mbps ports. Fit two PCIe or one PCIe card plus it's daughter card
which needs as much room as a PCIe and doesn't need the actual slot. That is
for Sangoma A200 + Daughter card.

I would be really glad if I can get some sort of a KVM over IP for this box
built in as this is going to be deployed overseas.

One of these servers is to support 30 extensions with transacoding g.729 and
the other is to support 10 extensions with transcoding. I don't think there
is anything in between in terms of hardware but any and all suggestions are
welcome.

Remember: Compact, quite, good airflow, powerful, 2 x empty slots one of
which is a PCIe and 2xNIC ports.

Thanks