[asterisk-users] Small PC to build and run Asterisk

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Mon Jun 14 08:35:02 CDT 2010

Actually, the Atom seems to be surprisingly powerful. We have a couple of
Atom boxes with transcoding and conferences enabled without issue. I
wouldn't pretend it'll cope with hundreds of conference participants, but
with ~10 or so it seems to be fine.

Likewise with transcoding - we've only really tested up to ~30 channels with
G.711 to GSM, not any of the "heavier CPU workload" translations (e.g. iLBC
or G.729).

For a small to medium office (e.g. 30 extensions, 10 concurrent calls) it
works fine, even with a little conferencing and transcoding.

Regards,

Chris