[asterisk-users] How to stop intruder from registering sip?

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 05:00:08 CDT 2010

along with all the previous suggestions.. i found out that fail2ban is a good safe tool to be used along with hard passwords and not using numeric usernames.. for me using A2Billing along with Asterisk was a pain because it needs to create usernames numeric.. so i had to create strong SIP users and passwords then assign a2billing accounts to them to make it safer.. plus the fail2ban .. give it a try.

-- Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP USA: +1 347 562 2308